Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand

I've just finished reading a wonderful book; "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand".  I am so in love with  MP, he has taken over from M. Paul, (my first literary heart throb). This witty, cleverly observant, little story reminds me of my love for the suburban countryside and the "Midsommer" villages that surround us here in the Chilterns.
I miss London and sometimes long to be back in the centre of it all, with the museums, galleries, theatres and bridges . I also miss my bohemian city friends, gathered from all four corners of the world. But, with daisy and mouse  and my little family in tow, right now, right here is perfect and as I walked the mutt "in and out the dusty bluebells", this morning, I knew we have "a wonderful life" 

No comments:

Post a Comment